Christmas films you have to watch this year
There are 5 sleeps left before the big day arrives so you must spend them getting in the festive spirit! Last minute preparations are definitely underway with the supermarket shelves practically empty and franctic buyers in every shop.Take a break from the chaos and snuggle up watching these Christmas films, which in my opinion are the best.
- Home Alone: The classic Christmas film (along with Home Alone 2). After spending the majority of the film in hysterics you end with the biggest feel-good moment and a real message that family are the most important thing at this time of year. However, we can't help but notice the fact this films all about 2 grown men chasing a young boy? Strange.
- The National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!! A family favourite in my house, kind of a tradition to get it out every year - only because the Chevy Chase's character is literally my dad. It really does epitomise the hilarious factors that come into a family Christmas
- Elf: I know a lot of people who aren't a massive fan of this film but I think it's the most Christmassy and imaginative, especially for kids. 'I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.'
- The Holiday: I only watched this for the first time the other week and fell in love with it. Not only for Jude Law but the actual storyline is brilliant
- The Grinch: Because everyone knows a real Grinch at this time of year and needs reminding to smile!
- Die Hard: One for the action seekers in the family which still has an inkling of Christmas. Surprisingly, it's one of the most popular Christmas films in the world!
- Miracle on 34th Street: Classic. That is all.