Recipe of the day: Puddini
Seeing as Christmas if the season of parties and self indulgence, it goes without saying that you will spend a disproportional amount of your time cooking. Canapees are obviously the perfect ‘get out’ of cooking full blown meals for guests, and these Christmas ‘Puddini’s’ are my absolute favourite as well as being super easy to make.
- First, cook the Christmas pudding (you can normally do this in the microwave) and leave it to cool.
- Melt your dark chocolate in a glass bowl (either over boiling water on the hob or in a microwave).
- Add the golden syrup, Christmas pudding and sherry into another bowl and mix well.
- Then slowly add the melted chocolate until the mixture is slightly firmer.
- Then using your hands, roll the mixture into small balls (about two times bigger than a marble) and place them into the small cupcakes cases on a tray.
- Leave the puddings to cool and set in the fridge, or just leave them out over night covered.
To decorate, melt the white chocolate in the same way as before and use a teaspoon to pour it over the puddings. Add a small piece of chopped up cherry to look like berries, and add some holly leaves with green icing.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and it would be lovely to see people’s attempts!
Contributor: Indie Opie-Meres