Guide to the January sales
The January sales are soon here to lighten all of our winter blues! Although, sale shopping is not for the faint hearted; as a serial fainter, I know!! This, for me, is where online shopping is a winner! The majority of online sites now offer free delivery, and more often than not, free returns! You can pile everything you are dreaming about into your basket without having to (sometimes literally) fight for the last item in your size. Online sales now also, for the most part, start before they do in store.
But, if you do decide to head out to the hustle and bustle of the shops here are my top key hints and pointers!
- Before you head out to the shops, make sure to have a list in your mind of the key pieces missing in your wardrobe (especially if you are on a budget).
- Avoid the weekend!! If you can get to the shops in the week to avoid even greater crowds, do!
- Refrain from the most common of all sale shopping sayings ‘It’s only £10!!’ nuh-uhh slap yourself straight! A bargain is only a bargain if it’s going to be worn..!
- Your choice of outfit has never been so important. Do not wear anything complicated! There’s nothing worse than going in-and-out of changing rooms with different layers, zips, buttons, you name it going on. Keep it simple!!
- On a side note, be wary of your choice of jewellery. If you’re anything like me you’ll be flying round a changing room with earrings/necklaces/bracelets keeping you attached to the jumper you’re trying desperately to get off.
- Lucozade tablets! When I’m dashing around the shops I will never be seen without them. When you’re hot, tired, and in need of a quick energy burst just pop one in and it will keep you going until lunch.
Now the best bit...DATES:
- Liberty: Boxing Day
- River Island: Boxing Day
- Westfield Sheperd's Bush: Boxing Day
- Harrods: Boxing Day
- Harvey Nichols: Boxing Day
- Fortnum & Mason: December 27th
Contributor: Helena Cartwright