Top 5 Winter Beauty Essentials
Winter can take its toll on us all, leaving us feeling a little under the weather and our skin looking not so great. I've already been feeling the impacts of the swift weather change on my skin but these skin products are the saviours I'll turn to time and time again:
- Top of my list, and the basis of all your makeup/skincare needs is the Illamasqua Hydra Veil. This acts as a moisuriser and a primer for your makeup. It's made of a rehydrating, gel formula thats water based so is consistently replenishing your skin. At £27.00 it may seem to break the bank when it comes to a moisturiser, but you only need a 5 pence piece amount.
- Next is Burts Bees Acai Berry Lip Balm - I put this on under my lipstick as I like some colour but it can be used alone; I don't know anyone who doesn't get chapped lips in winter and I have been using this lip balm for years. I've tried all the competing brands like Carmex and Vaseline but always go back to this. The benefits come from the Acai berry which is an amazing fruit used in many different beauty products for its rejuvenating health benefits.. and it also smells nice!
- Moroccan Oil - It's not just our skin that gets beaten by the cold, but also our hair. Many people don't take notice of hair products but it's one of the biggest industries in the world. Moroccan oil will completely moisturise and re-shine your hair like no other product. Forget your deep conditioners and hair masks, a tiny pea-sized amount of this product daily is all you need.
- Bath & Body works hand cream - I've never really bothered with a hand cream, but after last winter my hands became extremely dry and even chapped so from then on, I've always carried one in my handbag. My flavour of choice would be the handpicked cranberries; The aroma circulates the whole room as soon as you put it on and it leaves your hands feeling incredible.
- Weleda Skin Food - If you're strapped for cash and want a 'do it all' beauty saviour then this is your item. Weleda Skin Food is used by a lot of celebrities, including Victoria Beckham and provides hydration for the whole body - yes it can be used anywhere and everywhere.